Version 1.7

by Matthew, on 23 October 2015

yellow lines

We’ve released version 1.7 of FixMyStreet.

This version adds some new features. First off is that the FixMyStreet design is now bi-directional, providing an easy switch to flip the design to either left-to-right or right-to-left. This was done with the kind support of the National Democratic Institute.

We have added state and category filters to the list pages, letting users view only e.g. open reports in the potholes category, or all reports in the graffiti category. Various design improvements have been made, including the showing of the report on a questionnaire page and the email confirmation pages, and we’ve added a nicer default OpenGraph image.

Database performance has been improved in a number of areas, and the accessibility of the map pages has been improved.

This release also fixes a number of small bugs, including translating report states in the admin index, dealing with DMARC email issues, and fixes for Google Maps API users.

For developers, we’ve made it easier to run gettext-extract if you’re performing your own translations, removed some confusing warnings, finally removed the final few hardcoded “FixMyStreet” strings so it’s easy to rename your site, streamlined the navigation menu and list item CSS using a BEM style naming scheme so it is easy to change and override, and lastly fixed a long standing issue where errors were not always logged correctly.

Plus quite a few other things; as always, see the full list of changes over on GitHub.

If you have any questions, or problems installing the code, please do get in touch, or post on our mailing list.