Version 3.1

by Matthew, on 16 November 2020

Palouse Wheat ready for harvest

I hope you are all okay with the ongoing situations around the world. We are happy to release version 3.1, with some new features and bugfixes.

Front end improvements

A random assortment of improvements to the front end, including aerial maps for Bing and OSM maps, lazy image loading on list items, the ability to check passwords against Have I Been Pwned, and Open Location Codes support in the search box.

Admin improvements

We’ve added a full text index so searching reports in the admin should be much quicker. You can disable updates or reopening on a per-category basis, as well as enable anonymous reporting. CSV generation is now done asynchronously, with progress shown, in case it takes a long time. Staff users can use HTML in updates, and response templates can also include HTML. The site now records whether a report was made on desktop or mobile, and includes any extra fields in email submissions to bodies. Staff status can be removed from users in bulk, and inspectors can update the asset on a report via the inspector form.


As always, a wide variety of issues covered here. We added PostgreSQL 12 compatibility to the schema update script, fixed an issue where the CSV export returned multiple entries per row, added a fix for photo orientation in modern browsers, and improved the moderation diff display.


A full list of changes can be seen in the changelog as usual.

If you have any questions, or problems installing the code, please do get in touch, or post on our mailing list.